REPUBLIC CEMENT is the only cement in the Philippines with TIBAY ENHANCERS®. This special mix of ingredients is made of smaller particles that fill in concrete voids – making concrete more compact. This minimizes possible water and chemical penetration that may cause rusting and expansion of steel bars that may result to cracking and other concrete deterioration.
A Tibay Test was conducted based on ASTM standards to assess the durability of the three leading cement brands in the country. Three mortar bars, each made from a different cement brand, were placed in an NaOH solution at 25° Celsius. This is equivalent to 25 years of concrete exposure to different elements. Because the REPUBLIC® mortar bar was more compact, it was not easily penetrated by water and chemicals. Thus, results show that the REPUBLIC® mortar bar has the least chemical reaction.
Features of Republic Cement
- Denser concrete with reduced permeability
- Better concrete cohesion
- Lower water requirement
- Improved workability
Benefits of Republic Cement
- Improved durability (e.g. greater steel bar protection from corrosion)
- Reduced segregation, minimized rock holes (ampaw)
- Higher compressive strength minimized shrinkage and cracking
- Ease of application and compaction