NovTek SKIM COAT STANDARD is a finishing thin layer cementitious plaster specially formulated for uneven concrete surfaces and pre-casts for indoor and outdoor use. It offers excellent non-sag properties that provide great workability on overhead and vertical applications.
1. Add approximately 8 liters of water to 25 kg of NovTek Skim Coat Standard.
2. Use electric mixer for stirring and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes until desired homogeneous paste is achieved.
3. The Skim Coat paste will remain usable for approximately 3-4 hours after mixing.
1. Apply Novtek Skim Coat using 24-inch-wide steel trowel.
2. Smoothly apply the Skim Coat Paste over the surface to be skimmed in a back and forth direction strokes based on thickness and smooth finished required.
3. Let dry for about 5 minutes and then lightly trowel the surface again.
4. If there is a need to increase the thickness of the Skim Coat, apply the second coat before the first coat is about to set.
5. Allow the last coating to completely dry for 1 to 2 hours.
6. Sand the uneven surface using 120 to 220 sandpaper and feather the edges into the surrounding surface.
7. Lightly brush off the dust from the surface and wipe gently with a damp cloth or sponge before priming and painting.
8. Use appropriate primer when applying gloss or semi-gloss paint topcoat.